Newborn care from A to Z
Available if you take the Medicover Pregnancy Care and Maternity Care Packages together.
Our experienced neonatal nurses will strive to prepare you for motherhood. Besides advice on breastfeeding and newborn care, the consultation will also provide answers for any questions the mother-to-be may have.
The importance of the first “golden hour”, the process of becoming a family
- The meaning of the “golden hour”, its impact on the baby-mother relationship and later development.
- The role of fathers in the “golden hour” and the first days.
Breastfeeding: breast milk or formula, frequency
- The composition and importance of breast milk.
- The importance of breastfeeding and its impact on the baby-mother relationship.
- Differences between breastfeeding and formula feeding.
Breastfeeding in general and breastfeeding positions
- Anatomical overview of the breast, the breastfeeding process.
- Beginning of lactation.
- How much should your baby feed?
- To measure or not to measure.
- Breastfeeding methods.
How to take care of your breast: most common problems, lactation, correct use of breast pump
- How to breastfeed correctly.
- Factors affecting breastfeeding.
- When to pump?
- Ways to pump.
- How can we tell if everything is okay?
- When to feed?
- Signs of fullness.
- Assessing the appropriate clothing.
Buying baby clothes: let’s dress with common sense!
- When, what and how much to buy?
- How to dress.
- What temperature does your baby need?
In the nursery during the hospital stay
- Tasks during the care of the newborn.
- Monitoring the newborn.
Baby care, nursing products
- How and how often to bath a baby?
- Temperature of the bathroom and bath water.
- Skin, belly button, and nail care.
- Nappy changing.
- Care of the genitals, care products.
- What nursing products to use?