Newborn care from A to Z
Our experienced neonatal nurses will strive to prepare you for motherhood. Besides advice on breastfeeding and newborn care, the consultation will also provide answers for any questions the mother-to-be may have.
The importance of the first “golden hour”, the process of becoming a family
- The meaning of the “golden hour”, its impact on the baby-mother relationship and later development.
- The role of fathers in the “golden hour” and the first days.
Breastfeeding: breast milk or formula, frequency
- The composition and importance of breast milk.
- The importance of breastfeeding and its impact on the baby-mother relationship.
- Differences between breastfeeding and formula feeding.
Breastfeeding in general and breastfeeding positions
- Anatomical overview of the breast, the breastfeeding process.
- Beginning of lactation.
- How much should your baby feed?
- To measure or not to measure.
- Breastfeeding methods.
How to take care of your breast: most common problems, lactation, correct use of breast pump
- How to breastfeed correctly.
- Factors affecting breastfeeding.
- When to pump?
- Ways to pump.
- How can we tell if everything is okay?
- When to feed?
- Signs of fullness.
- Assessing the appropriate clothing.
Buying baby clothes: let’s dress with common sense!
- When, what and how much to buy?
- How to dress.
- What temperature does your baby need?
In the nursery during the hospital stay
- Tasks during the care of the newborn.
- Monitoring the newborn.
Baby care, nursing products
- How and how often to bath a baby?
- Temperature of the bathroom and bath water.
- Skin, belly button, and nail care.
- Nappy changing.
- Care of the genitals, care products.
- What nursing products to use?